Today is an important day for TechWalls as this blog has turned 1 year old now. Actually TechWalls is 1 year and 7 day old at the time of publishing this post, I could not celebrate the anniversary on time because of busy work this week. TechWalls was officially founded on February 9th, 2011 and the first anniversary marks a very meaningful milestone of the tech blog.
Up till now, I still cannot believe that TechWalls could reach some specific successes within its first year. In the first 4 months launching this blog, I did not expect much and just considered this as my secondary blog. I spent less than 30 minutes per day to check its status and write new blog posts as TechWalls started with very short posts, that was my intention to make them short because I thought people tend to not spend much time on reading nowadays. And the result is my traffic increased day by day significantly, however, that was low quality traffic. I realized that the average time on page was always less than 10s while bounce rate never went under 90%. Those are the reasons why I changed the strategy and started producing longer content. The change has brought positive results in just 2 months.
TechWalls started gaining more readers and then reached some goals I set for 2011, including ranking stats and revenue. It turned from my secondary blog to the main one after I realized its potential. One year is not a long period but I’ve found many difficulties in maintaining a blog throughout a year, especially since I began publishing new post everyday. Fortunately, TechWalls became a multi-author blog and at the moment, there are always at least 3 authors writing new blog posts for this blog. This adjustment reduces my workload significantly and diversifies the content here at the same time. If you can contribute good content and interested in writing for us, join our writer team anytime.
There are some facts that I find interesting in the first year of TechWalls and I also want to let our readers know:
- Total Pageviews: 464,091 pageviews.
- Total Visitors: 339,856 visits.
- Traffic reached a peak on September 20, 2011 when the post compare Samsung Galaxy Note and iPhone 5 got featured on many forums.
- Total Posts: 292 posts.
- Total Comments: 1,064 comments.
- The most viewed and commented post: Use 3G USB on Asus Transformer.
- Google Adsense was the only revenue source in the first 6 months.
- SocialSpark is now the best revenue source for TechWalls.
- It is not Firefox but Chrome is the favorite web browser that our readers use.
- Apple iPad and iPhone are the most popular mobile devices accessing this blog.
- This blog used an ugly Genesis child theme but I kept it for a long time because of high CTR on Adsense ads. The current theme is from WooThemes and it looks much friendlier to readers.
What do you think about our development and what changes should we implement to make TechWalls better? Please comment below to let us know, we appreciate all your suggestions.
Disclosure: We might earn commission from qualifying purchases. The commission help keep the rest of my content free, so thank you!