Amazon unveiled its new Kindle product line a few days ago. We now have the choice of purchasing the following:
- Kindle – $79.00
- Kindle Touch – $99.00
- Kindle Touch 3g – $149.00
- Kindle Fire – $199.00
Amazon wants your business and they have priced their black and white ereader accordingly. My wife has an older generation Kindle with a keyboard and 3g and we paid over $399.00. The prices have come way down and I believe there will be a huge market for the black and white e-readers this Christmas.
The Kindle Fire doesn’t excite me very much and it is not an iPad killer at all. I believe its main competition is going to be the NOOK Color. How can anyone think a 7 inch Kindle Fire without a camera or microphone will have any affect on iPad sales; its plain silly. What the Fire will do is help Amazon continue to sell its content and keep customers on their platform.
Now if you do not care about a microphone, 3g or a camera than the $199.00 price point may be for you. What you do get is the Amazon cloud service as your backbone and the following:
- 18 million movies, TV shows, songs, magazines, and books
- Amazon Appstore – thousands of popular apps and games
- Ultra-fast web browsing – Amazon Silk
- Free cloud storage for all your Amazon content
- Vibrant color touchscreen with extra-wide viewing angle
- Fast, powerful dual-core processor
- Amazon Prime members enjoy unlimited, instant streaming of over 10,000 popular movies and TV shows
Still interested? Pre-order Kindle Fire today at Amazon.
Let’s start a discussion. Do you think the Amazon Fire is an iPad Killer?
Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. The commission help keep the rest of my content free, so thank you!