Are you a newbie writer who wants to show the blogging world that you are here to stay? Are you an experienced writer but getting out of ideas? You have just come at the right place.
Today I’m going to tell you about some tips and tricks on article writing, which I follow when writing articles and you can follow them too if you find them interesting. But you should also remember that the suggestions I’m about to give you are only my personal opinions. We all know that there are no established and proven guidelines available online which will help you to become a successful writer. But you can always get suggestions from experts and by following them you can write articles which are technically well written. But when it comes to the content of the article, you have to have some talent to attract readers. Sometimes luck and opportunity also play a big role. But at the end of the day content should be the fuel of your writing.
Now the points you should remember if you are writing an article:
Knowledge and Ideas
You should have a good knowledge of the topic on what you are writing an article. First, try to realize what is your area of expertise. Ask yourself- Are you
- A technology geek who can review gadgets and applications
- A blogger who knows almost everything about SEO and the ins and outs of growing your blogging team
- A developer who can create great how-to articles on software programming etc
The next step is creating ideas which can attract many readers.
- If you can read the mind of the readers, half the battle is won and with experience, you will learn that magic.
- Be a reader and read good articles which are related to your own topics but beware of accidental plagiarism. Research on internet about that topic.
- Watch videos related to that topic ( if available )
- If you are writing articles for newspaper or magazines then Google trends may help you. Breaking news always attracts more readers.
Writing the article
Content is the main part of an article. Say, you have great knowledge of grammar and you can use beautiful words to describe your thoughts but still, your article could fail to attract readers if the content is not good.
- One of the most important parts is the title of your article. The title of the article should reflect the soul of your content. A title can be a simple one or can be a little complex but make sure it’s an interesting one.
- The content of an article should be informative, useful and contemporary
- Don’t just write big paragraphs instead divide a big paragraph into small ones (the worst thing you need a reader who is getting bored isn’t it?). Use bullet points and numberings.
- Be straightforward and write the article in a way like you are talking directly with the readers. If a topic has both positive and negative points, explain it all and ask the readers to decide on the comments section. Some suggest that you should intentionally do some partiality when you are comparing two brands so that readers will engage themselves in an argument and you can get the most out of it (you know what I mean!)
- Writing a short article (250-400 words) is much easier than writing a big article (500-3000 words). If you want to write a big one then the content of that article has to be very interesting (It has to be so interesting that if one starts reading it can’t leave it until the last word) and the success of that article will depend solely on your writing skills. Some suggest that a modern reader always want more information in less time. But if you are concerned with SEO then a bigger article may bring you more visitors as Google loves bigger and well-described articles.
- Google hates it when we copy paste content from other websites and may blacklist your article.
- Add related images and videos to your article.
- A little humor can make your article more interesting. Use some funny comments; crack a joke (related). Give examples to explain your point.
- Use Microsoft Word to write and correct your spelling mistakes.
- Don’t make your article so much complex and confusing.
- Be precise and write consistently. An article with a good start and a bad ending may look cheap.
- If you are writing for money don’t just write useless points to increase the word count (am I doing that :P)
Today I have only discussed the points which may help you to write good articles and intentionally excluded SEO and other technical parts. I hope these tips will be helpful for your writing or when you hire a guest posting service.
If writing is your passion and you have enough knowledge then creating a great article will be a cup of tea for you.