The importance of having a backup power source in our lives cannot be overstated, especially during unpredictable events like natural disasters. I experienced power outages during Hurricane Sandy in 2012 and Hurricane Ida in 2021 but thanks to power banks and portable power stations, I could recharge phones, laptops, and other essential devices multiple times to maintain communication with family, friends, and emergency services. They not only provide a sense of security and preparedness in tumultuous times but also enable us to stay informed and connected, which is crucial for safety and navigating through the aftermath of such events.
That’s the reason why portable and inexpensive power stations like the Ampace Andes 600 Pro are still an essential device in any household. Whether it’s for outdoor adventures, such as camping and road trips, or as a crucial backup during power outages at home, these compact power stations offer a practical solution to maintain power connectivity.
- Dimensions: 11.2 x 8.2 x 8.4 inches (285 x 209 x 214mm)
- Weight: 16.8 lbs (7.6 kg)
- Charging temperature: 14°F ~ 113°F (-10°C ~ 45°C)
- Discharging temperature: -4°F ~ 113°F (-20°C ~ 45°C)
- LED Light: LED light & ambient light
- Home EPS: 20ms
- App Control: Yes
- Capacity: 584Wh
- Cycle Life: 2,000 cycles
- Protection: Low voltage, low temperature, over-current, overload, over-temperature, over-voltage, short circuit protection
- 2x AC outlets 120V 60Hz (600W, 1800W Surge), Pure Sine Wave
- 1x USB-C: 5V/3A, 9V/3A, 12V/3A, 15V/3A, 20V/5A (100W max)
- 1x USB-C: 5V/3A, 9V/3A, 12V/3A, 15V/3A, 20V/3A (60W max)
- 1x Car Charger and 2x DC 5521: 12V/10A, 120W max
- 2x USB-A 5V/3A, 9V/2A, 12V/1.5A (18W max)
- 1x AC Charging: AC 120V 60Hz (550W max)
- 1x Solar Charging : DC 11V-30V/12A (200W max), XT60 port
- 1x Car Charging : DC 12V-24V/8A (96W max)
Design and Build Quality
Inside the box, you can find the Andes 600 Pro, an AC charging cable, and a car charging cable with XT60 connector. The Andes 600 Pro has a stylish yet rugged design, combining sturdy construction with practical aesthetics. The compact dimensions and relatively lightweight build make it a convenient choice for various settings. It features contoured corners, a comfortable handle, and a front-facing LCD screen. The device’s sides are furnished with an elegant lattice pattern, optimizing airflow and contributing to its overall temperature regulation capabilities.
The display on the front is pretty easy to read in different lighting environments. It shows essential information like remaining runtime, remaining charging time, the state of charge in percentage, and input and output watts.
The Ampace Andes 600 Pro is equipped with user-friendly features. The LED light with multiple modes (low, high, strobe, and SOS) is a practical addition for emergencies or outdoor use. Besides, there is an ambient light on top but it can be turned on/off only inside the app.
The device’s EPS technology allows for a household-level power switchover time of less than 20 milliseconds, which is crucial for keeping essential devices running during power outages.
Furthermore, the Andes 600 Pro includes an intuitive companion app that provides easy access to control and monitor the device. This app enhances the user experience by offering one-tap access to various settings and real-time information about the device’s status. Here you can enable A-Boost fast charging option so that you can fully charge the power station at 500W using AC port in just 1.5 hours.
Battery and Charging Efficiency
At the heart of the Ampace Andes 600 Pro is a LiFePO4 hybrid battery system with a capacity of 584Wh. It boasts impressive charging efficiency, thanks to the third-generation semiconductor SiC (silicon carbide) material and DSP numerical control technology. This high efficiency, combined with a reduced heat generation, sets the Andes 600 Pro apart in terms of performance and longevity.
Charging options are versatile, including AC (up to 500W), solar (up to 200W), and 12V vehicle charging. The rapid charging times are particularly impressive, ensuring that users aren’t left powerless for long periods. The ability to charge and discharge simultaneously adds to its convenience. The battery’s fireproof and explosion-proof features, along with a three-year warranty, provide peace of mind regarding safety and reliability.
Power Output and Capacity
With 600 running watts (Surge 1800 watts), the Andes 600 Pro offers a broad range of applications. It can’t power energy-demanding appliances like water boiler, heater, or power tools but it can power or charge a variety of devices such as smartphones, laptops, fans, lights, and TVs. The range of output ports is another highlight, featuring two 120V outlets, two USB-A ports, two USB-C ports, and a 12V car outlet. This array of ports, along with the ability to use multiple outlets simultaneously, makes the Andes 600 Pro a versatile power solution for various needs.
I tested the 2 USB-C ports to recharge my iPhone and MacBook but they don’t output 60W and 100W as expected, therefore, I still need to use my fast charger plugged to the AC port. I tried it with my workstation including the MacBook and a 5K 27-inch monitor and it could last approximately 6 hours.
I had a chance to test it during a power blackout and it performed really well. I turned on the built-in LED light and plugged a tower fan to the AC port; The station last the whole night and the battery drained to 10% after about 9 hours. If you just use the power station to recharge your devices, it could fully charge the 14-inch Macbook Pro 7 times and an iPhone 15 Pro Max about 30 times. Therefore, it could help you keep working for days without interruption.
- Versatile Utility: Ideal for emergency situations like power outages, as well as outdoor activities such as camping and road trips.
- Multiple Charging Options: Includes AC, solar, and car charging capabilities, with rapid charging times.
- High Capacity and Efficiency: Features a 584Wh LiFePO4 hybrid battery system, providing efficient charging with reduced heat generation.
- Safety Features: Equipped with fireproof and explosion-proof battery technology, and offers a three-year warranty.
- Diverse Output Options: Offers a range of output ports including AC outlets, USB-C and USB-A ports, and a 12V car outlet.
- Portable and Durable Design: Compact, lightweight, with a rugged build and convenient handle for easy transport.
- User-Friendly Interface and Features: Includes an intuitive app for control and monitoring, an easy-to-read LCD display, and a versatile LED light for emergencies.
- Limited Power Output for High-Demand Appliances: Cannot power energy-intensive devices.
- USB-C Ports Underperformance: The USB-C ports do not deliver the expected 60W and 100W output, requiring additional fast chargers for some devices.
- Price Consideration: Relatively expensive at $0.77 per Wh.
The Ampace Andes 600 Pro is priced at $449 on Amazon and its official website. It is a bit expensive at $0.77 per Wh, especially for a young brand like Ampace. Although I like its portable and user-friendly design, rugged durability, and good-quality battery, I will only recommend this product if you can buy it at a discounted price. They are offering 20% discount when you apply the promo code 20YHFLS3 during checkout on Amazon. Potential buyers should weigh the price against their specific power needs and budget to determine if this power station is the right fit for their requirements.
Disclosure: We might earn commission from qualifying purchases. The commission help keep the rest of my content free, so thank you!