Samsung has officially launched the new Galaxy S4 in New York today, March 14, 2013. Here are full tech specs of the new smartphone.
J.K. Shin, president of Samsung Mobile Communications, introduces the Samsung Galaxy S4
Samsung Galaxy S4 Tech Specs
- Network: 3G (HSPA+ 42Mbps): 850/900/1900/2100 MHz; 4G (LTE Cat 3 100/50 Mbps): up to Hexa band.
- 4.99 inch Full HD Super AMOLED display with the resolution of 1920×1080 pixels and 441 ppi density.
- CPU and GPU: The international version features the Samsung Exynos 5 Octa, which features Quad-core A15 1.6GHz and Quad-core A7 1.2GHz and the PowerVR SGX 544MP3 GPU. The US version will sport the Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 chipset with Quad-core Krait 300 clocked at 1.9GHz and Adreno 320 GPU
- Galaxy S4 is powered by Android Jelly Bean 4.2.2
- 13MP AF camera on the back with Flash and Zero Shutter Lag, BIS; 2MP front camera with full HD recording at 30fps with Zero Shutter Lag, BIS.
- Video codec: MPEG4, H.264, H.263, DivX, DivX3.11, VC-1, VP8, WMV7/8, Sorenson Spark, HEVC. Recording and playback support full HD (1080p)
- Audio codec: MP3, AMR-NB/WB, AAC/AAC+/eAAC+, WMA, OGG, FLAC, AC-3, apt-X
- Conntectivity: WiFi a/b/g/n/ac (HT80), GPS/GLONASS, NFC, Bluetooth 4.0 (BLE), IR Gesture (Remote control), MGL 2.0.
- Sensor: Accelerometer, RGB light, Digital compass, Proximity, Gyro, Barometer, IR Gesture, Temperature and humidity.
- 2GB LPDDR3 RAM.
- The phone comes with 16GB, 32GB or 64GB versions. The storage is expandable with microSD slot.
- Size: 136.6 x 69.8 x 7.9mm
- Weight: 130g
- 2600 mAh removable battery
The price of the Galaxy S4 hasn’t been announced yet. Samsung just said it will cost as much as their previous flagship. Therefore, I believe $700 is a good price. It will start hitting shelves on 327 carriers in 155 countries in late April 2013.
Disclosure: We might earn commission from qualifying purchases. The commission help keep the rest of my content free, so thank you!