All of us work with files on our machines. And sometimes we need to store a large amount of files somewhere. However, it happens so that the standard Windows 10 interface slows down the copying process and gives out little information on the status of file transfer.
In order to optimize the process, many people today use a program called TeraCopy. The application deals with the Explorer context menu and features the standard copy/ transfer interface in Windows with comprehensive information about the workflow. It is a free utility designed to move files faster and more secure.
This program allows you to stop or restore information copying, skip processing of individual files, and detect errors, which is convenient in some cases. By the way, all these features are unavailable with the usual interface. In addition, teracopy for windows 10 sometimes significantly increases the speed of copying data by using some of their special algorithms and data buffers.
Benefit from Unique Features of the Software
The main advantage of TeraCopy is that the program really processes the information promptly, thanks to its multithreaded algorithm. Such speed is achieved due to reduction of search time and copying asynchronization. The application has many other advantages over the usual copying that is included in Windows Explorer:
- TeraCopy provides the user with a detailed report, which shows the entire course of the operation;
- At any time, you can pause the procedure of transferring or copying a file, and resume it again;
- If you want, you can skip the file that is in the queue for being copied;
- TeraCopy makes it possible to check CRC, comparing options before and after transfer or copying;
- It is possible to copy several files at once using a special buffer;
- You can see a list in which files that failed when copying are marked with a special icon, as a result of which you can quickly solve the problem and recopy only the previously uncompiled objects;
- The program tries to fix copying errors: if the file is not copied, TeraCopy makes several attempts to complete the task, and only after that misses the problematic object without stopping the whole process;
- Utility increases the transfer rate between 2 hard drives;
- It provides full support for Unicode;
- By integrating into the context menu, to start copying, the user only needs to click on the desired file with the right mouse button and select «TeraCopy» from the drop-down menu.
In addition, this smart utility boasts its easy integration with a conductor instead of a standardized copy dialog, its support of the Total Commander manager, work with multiple monitors, and additional operations during the completion process.
Disclosure: We might earn commission from qualifying purchases. The commission help keep the rest of my content free, so thank you!