Some pictures of the upcoming iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Pro (or Plus) have been leaked on a Chinese website and this time, it looks like the real deal. Although they are not the prototype and also not the finished working version, they might be an assembled phone taken from a Foxconn or Pegatron factory and you could see the same phones released this September.
In terms of design, there are some significant changes and it seems like all recent rumors are accurate. As we expected, there will be 2 versions of the new Apple handset, namely iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Pro. The iPhone 7 Pro is the bigger and the more expensive version.
Following is a summary of design changes of the 2 phones:
- The mute switch is removed from the side of the phone to make it simpler and smaller
- Significantly thinner than last year’s models
- Antenna lines are repositioned, now they are running across the top and bottom on the back
- 3.5mm headphone jack is removed from the bottom, you will have to use wireless headphones or the Lightning port instead.
- iPhone 7 Pro only: New dual-lens camera
- iPhone 7 Pro only: Smart Connector to charge the phone or connect to accessories
Apart from the changes, the iPhone 7 still looks quite similar to iPhone 6S, especially when you just look at the front of the device. There are some other rumored features like doubled storage, wireless charging or waterproof housing but we can’t confirm them at the moment. Everything will be revealed soon in the coming months.
Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. The commission help keep the rest of my content free, so thank you!