You need to keep your car’s security level up to the mark with having an expensive and quality car. You need to gather all of the security aspects which is required to keep your car secure and make it in action.
Choosing the best security camera for your car is an important aspect to save your car from the upcoming vehicle hurdles. You need to aware of all the things which are either happening near to your car or in your car when you are not near to your car. We all spent a lot of time away from our cars and keeping your car fitted with the best security camera is one of the reliefs which you can have from the security level of your car.
After understanding the importance of the security camera in your car, the next question will be in your mind is “How to choose the best car security camera.”
So, just let me tell you, the following recommendations will be going to help you for sure. The surveillance cameras and in-security cameras are also helpful to save your car from theft and vandalism when your car is parked, especially for overnight parking. You should secure your car from in and out both.
Before I start recommending the best security cameras for your car, Let’s have a quick look at the must-have features in your security camera. Which are:
- Sharp Video Quality: Security Camera should be at least 1080p so that can you have more clarity in the video (It will help you in case of any legal procedures and accidents)
- Clear night vision: Choose that camera which has sharp night vision clarity. If a filter is also the best feature of a camera for capturing the image and video in the night time, so, at the time of purchasing a car security camera, please don’t forget the feature of the night vision with a camera.
- Real-time Alerted: Camera should contain a motion detector so that you can get alerted with all the motions and movements whenever it happens in your car
- Live view with the phone: Your camera should contain a system of live view action with the phone where you can track your care even when you are a little away.
If you wish to save the trouble of looking out and researching the best possible dash cams, you can upgrade to the Raven Connected Car System. It is an augmented dash camera that has a few extra features to make it stand out from a traditional dashcam.
Features to consider in a security camera:
- Loop recording – It helps you even when storage of your camera is full. It follows the process of auto-delete of your past recordings (keep all the past recordings save in a PD) and records a new file in their place.
- GPS – It means Global Positioning System. We all are very well aware of all GPS features; with the help of GPS anybody can find anything easily; it provides the location of an object by using an internet connection. GPS is very necessary for any car security camera. With the help of GPS, we can’t only pinpoint the position or location of the car but also measure the speed of the card by using satellites.
- Choose your camera with an impact sensor, and it works according to the harm caused and record the footage instantly.
- Parking Security – The camera should contain parking security. This will help you when you are away from your car and cannot even saw in the mid-nigh whether it is parked properly or not. This parking security mode will keep your car safe from theft and get a collision with the other vehicle.
- Software and Apps – In the world of smartphones, your camera should have their relevant apps and software’s so that a user can easily access all the files at a single time. Also, the app and the software should contain some features like the area where the recorded files are having placed, the speed detector, and providing access to record the video in the larger size even when your camera size is lesser to view the complete footage.
- Dual-Lenser – Your security camera should have multi lenses or wide-angle lenses so that it can capture all the angles in and out of your car. This helps you to record even outer side of your car, and sometimes these wide-angled footages will lead you to help save someone’s life. In simple words, these wide-angled cameras help you to read all the information which a normal camera cannot — for example, a number plate which is near to impossible to read.
- G-Sensor – Can measure the motion of your car with three axes. The information provides by three axes will help in paining the pictures of events that place during an incident related to your card security.
- Data stamp or Speed & Emergency Recording
Security cameras use their internal G-sensors feature to detect the incidents in which the car is involved. But sometime during any accident events that occur on the traffic road ahead of you, this technique doesn’t detect and could not capture the video.
This situation, if your car security has a feature of emergency recording and data stamp, then the camera can capture the footage and video even in emergency incidents. This information will help to validate your footage and video evidence if it is asked by the cop.
Disclosure: We might earn commission from qualifying purchases. The commission help keep the rest of my content free, so thank you!