Update: The Galaxy S III has been officially announced. Check out its tech specs and comparison to iPhone 4S.
The Samsung Galaxy S3 is planned to reveal at the 2012 Mobile World Congress in Barcelona and will start releasing worldwide by mid 2012. That’s the news leaked from the 4chan forum by an anonymous member. It is notable that he is also the man that revealed some information about Google Nexus Prime and Ice Cream Sandwich. He hasn’t got hands on the Galaxy S III as it is still in development, however, he disclosed some tech specs that Samsung representatives mentioned in the event.
The Galaxy S3 is promised to push the boundaries of mobile hardware technology and will be the Samsung’s flagship in 2012. Check out its leaked tech specs:
- 2GHz quad-core processor
- 4.65-inch Super AMOLED III screen.
- 1.5 GB RAM and 32 GB internal memory (with sd card slot).
- 4.65 inch Super AMOLED III display developed specifically for the phone with the resolution of 1280×1024. So, the pixel density goes up to 352, which will be the highest ppi mobile phone screen.
- 10-megapixel camera capable of shooting 1080p video at 60 frames per second.
- A metal and glass body with 9mm thickness.
- Built-in NFC enabling mobile payments through Google Wallet service and pairing with wireless peripherals.
- Android Ice Cream Sandwich set to unify the separate smartphone and tablet strands of the OS.
- Scaled-back TouchWiz UI, Samsung will make fewer changes to the pure Android OS as this is already user friendly. It also means than users will get Android updates a lot faster.
- 2250 mAh battery which can manage to power the quad-core device throughout a day.
- The price hasn’t been revealed yet but it would be quite expensive due to the high tech specs.
We will update more as there are more info and real pictures of the Samsung Galaxy S3. Now just wait and see how it will turn out. Do you think this will be the first Android phone with 5:4 aspect ratio display?
Disclosure: We might earn commission from qualifying purchases. The commission help keep the rest of my content free, so thank you!