The Apple iPhone SE has been officially available now. It might have the same design as the iPhone 5S, however, there are some significant upgrades inside. We have a more powerful CPU, GPU, more RAM, longer battery life and 12MP iSight camera. The iPhone SE is an attractive choice for big-phone haters because they will be able to use the phone comfortably with one hand now.
Before hitting an Apple Store, you should be aware that the iPhone SE comes in several model numbers and they support different cellular and wireless networks. Therefore, there is a chance that you won’t be able to use the phone in some other countries. The model number can be found on the box or on the back of your iPhone. In the case of iPhone SE, it can be A1662, A1723 or A1724. Let’s check out the differences.
iPhone SE A1662
This is the model released in the United States. You can easily buy it at Apple Store or from carriers like AT&T, T-Mobile or Verizon. Notice that the Sprint iPhone has a different model number that we will mention later.
The iPhone A1662 supports LTE (Bands 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 8, 12, 13, 17, 18, 19, 20, 25, 26, 29); CDMA EV‑DO Rev. A (800, 1700/2100, 1900, 2100 MHz); GSM/EDGE (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz) and UMTS/HSPA+/DC‑HSDPA (850, 900, 1700/2100, 1900, 2100 MHz).
Following are some part numbers of the model:
Sim-free Unlocked Version
- 16GB Silver SIM-free MLLX2LL/A
- 64GB Silver SIM-free MLME2LL/A
- 16GB Gold SIM-free MLY12LL/A
- 64GB Gold SIM-free MLY32LL/A
- 16GB Space Gray SIM-free MLLW2LL/A
- 64GB Space Gray SIM-free MLMD2LL/A
- 16GB Rose Gold SIM-free MLY22LL/A
- 64GB Rose Gold SIM-free MLY42LL/A
- 16GB Silver AT&T MLLM2LL/A
- 64GB Silver AT&T MLM52LL/A
- 16GB Gold AT&T MLXH2LL/A
- 64GB Gold AT&T MLXK2LL/A
- 16GB Space Gray AT&T MLLL2LL/A
- 64GB Space Gray AT&T MLM42LL/A
- 16GB Rose Gold AT&T MLXJ2LL/A
- 64GB Rose Gold AT&T MLXL2LL/A
- 16GB Silver Verizon MLM02LL/A
- 64GB Silver Verizon MLMG2LL/A
- 16GB Gold Verizon MLY52LL/A
- 64GB Gold Verizon MLY72LL/A
- 16GB Space Gray Verizon MLLY2LL/A
- 64GB Space Gray Verizon MLMF2LL/A
- 16GB Rose Gold Verizon MLY62LL/A
- 64GB Rose Gold Verizon MLY82LL/A
- 16GB Silver T-Mobile MLLV2LL/A
- 64GB Silver T-Mobile MLMC2LL/A
- 16GB Gold T-Mobile MLXW2LL/A
- 64GB Gold T-Mobile MLXY2LL/A
- 16GB Space T-Mobile MLLU2LL/A
- 64GB Space T-Mobile MLMA2LL/A
- 16GB Rose Gold T-Mobile MLXX2LL/A
- 64GB Rose Gold T-Mobile MLY02LL/A
iPhone SE A1723
This is the global version being sold at Sprint and most carriers in Canda, Europe, Australia and Asia. It is compatible with LTE (Bands 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 17, 18, 19, 20, 25, 26, 28); TD‑LTE (Bands 38, 39, 40, 41); TD‑SCDMA 1900 (F), 2000 (A); CDMA EV‑DO Rev. A (800, 1700/2100, 1900, 2100 MHz); GSM/EDGE (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz) and UMTS/HSPA+/DC‑HSDPA (850, 900, 1700/2100, 1900, 2100 MHz).
Following are some part numbers:
- 16GB Silver Sprint MLM32LL/A
- 64GB Silver Sprint MLMJ2LL/A
- 16GB Gold Sprint MLYC2LL/A
- 64GB Gold Sprint MLM32LL/A
- 16GB Space Gray Sprint MLM22LL/A
- 64GB Space Gray Sprint MLMH2LL/A
- 16GB Rose Gold Sprint MLYA2LL/A
- 64GB Rose Gold Sprint MLYD2LL/A
- 16GB Silver MLLP2VC/A
- 64GB Silver MLM72VC/A
- 16GB Gold MLXM2VC/A
- 64GB Gold MLXP2VC/A
- 16GB Space Gray MLLN2VC/A
- 64GB Space Gray MLM62VC/A
- 16GB Rose Gold MLXN2VC/A
- 64GB Rose Gold MLXQ2VC/A
iPhone SE A1724
The is the model sold exclusively in Mainland China. The network bands are quite similar to the A1723, the only difference is that it doesn’t support CDMA EV‑DO Rev. A (800, 1700/2100, 1900, 2100 MHz). Specifically, it is compatible with LTE (Bands 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 17, 18, 19, 20, 25, 26, 28); TD‑LTE (Bands 38, 39, 40, 41); CDMA1700/2100 (BC15), TD‑SCDMA 1900 (F), 2000 (A); GSM/EDGE (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz) and UMTS/HSPA+/DC‑HSDPA (850, 900, 1700/2100, 1900, 2100 MHz).
It will work with China Mobile’s 4G TD-LTE, 3G, or TD-SCDMA networks. The unlocked model from China Mobile doesn’t support China Telecom’s CDMA-based network.
Those are the differences among iPhone SE model numbers, leave a comment below if you have any question.