Good news for all Google Glass fans and owners. Google is sending invitations to all the existing Glass Explorer owners offering them with an updated Glass in exchange of the old one.
There is no compulsion for the owners to make the exchange. But if you opt for it, you will welcome some fashionable changes and moreover, you can use the Glass with the prescription lenses.
Points to underline
- People who will receive the invitation will have to make up their mind by February 5 – the deadline after which the one-time offer expires.
- If you miss this deadline, presumably you will have to wait till the next upgrade period that can be at any time in the coming years.
- The new ‘Glass’ is still the Explorer edition but there are several accessories and features which will be coming out in a few months.
- It doesn’t end here! If you are not happy with the color of your old Glass or you want to change your taste and style, you have a pool of options from where you can select a different color from that of your original one.
Steps to follow while applying for exchange
- If you want to swap your old Google Glass, all you have to do is to fill out the form you received with the invitation.
- On filling it out, you will be given a slot in the long queue. Google said that the whole procedure will be followed on first-come first-serve basis based primarily on color.
- Once your new Glass unit is available, Google will ship you a return box labelled for your original pair of Glasses.
- After you re-ship your old Glasses, it will take another 1-2 weeks to receive your new Glasses within US.
All in all, it is a great deal for any Google Glass owner and I would recommend owners to apply as soon as possible. In the end of all the procedures, Google promises its customers that their old Glass will be duly honoured. (don’t know how?). Do stay tuned for further ‘Glass’ updates.