Getting an all-in-one PDF tool can prove quite daunting in a world where there are lots of PDF tools. Many PDF editors support a range of functionalities but not every tool is the same, right? Well, if you are looking for a free PDF tool then this article is for you. We will be reviewing the best free PDF tools to handle your PDF tasks without breaking a sweat.
PDFelement 6 Pro is a professional PDF tool featuring simple, straightforward and well-designed interface. The combination of scores of editing functionalities makes it an ideal indispensable tinker tool for millions of users handling PDF documentation. The wide range of amazing capabilities include the OCR feature which makes scanned PDF files editable and searchable, fillable PDF forms creation, smooth text editing, editing of PDF files, convert PDF files, secure and sign PDF files, Automatic form recognition, bates numbering, redaction, form data extraction, and file size optimization among others.
Plus, PDFelement 6 Pro is free to try while the iOS and the Android version are completely free.
- This program guarantees PDF document security thanks to password, signature and redaction features
- This tool allows batch processing of PDF files making it easy to handle bulky PDF work
- The software has no steep learning curve, it is super easy to use
- The tool is pretty good in handling PDF forms-it even comes with lots of templates to use when creating PDF forms
- The OCR feature digitizes paperwork and speeds up creation and preparation of documents.
- Not found.
Compatible With: Windows, MacOS, Android, and IOS.
2. PDFsam Basic
PDFsam Basic is an excellent free PDF editor tool majorly designed for the rotating, splitting, extracting and merging PDF files. Basically, PDFsam Basic is a java-based application and thus runs on any operating system which supports Java.
- PDFsam Basic offers an incredibly simple user-interface.
- PDFsam allows users to re-organize PDF pages in a thumbnail view
- This program is available for common operating systems like Windows, Mac, and Linux.
- This program requires Java which some people may not opt for.
- The program features ads prompting to upgrade to premium version.
Compatible with: Windows, Mac, and Linux operating system.
Preview is one of the best free PDF editor tools for Mac. The program supports several useful PDF editing options which include combine or merge two PDF files, Delete pages in your PDF, Rearrange pages, and Annotate PDF files, convert image files to a variety of file formats, protect your confidential documents via passwords, and fill out and sign forms among others.
- Preview is easy to use.
- This program offers basic yet useful PDF edit functionality.
- This tool provides an option to add a signature to your documents hence improving document security.
- Users need to buy the Pro version to access full functionality.
Compatible with: Mac
Sedja is a top-notch PDF editor tool tailored to provide a plethora of PDF functions. The assortment of standout capabilities makes it an absolute choice for a multitude of users across the globe. Users have the exclusive freedom to convert, edit, merge, split, and sign their documents as per their prevailing needs. Sedja is available both as a desktop and online program capable of working on a host of hot devices like tablets, phones, and desktop PCs. Being a simple and straightforward tool, users should anticipate easy navigation.
- Sedja is a total no-brainer PDF tool and thus expertise is not mandatory.
- Sedja provides easy access as there is neither installation required nor any registration process.
- Sedja is a cross-platform application compatible with Mac, Windows, and Linux platforms.
- This program offers bates numbering- a crucial feature in legal documents.
- Sedja supports insertion of images and shapes into your PDF file.
- Although Sedja offers scores of features, there is still some limited functionality when compared to other PDF editors.
- Sedja cannot edit PDF files larger than 50MB and pages more than 200.
Compatible with: Windows, MacOS, Web, and Linux.
ApowerPDF is a one-shot all-in-one PDF editor tool which offers powerful editing features every editor would need. The simple intuitive user-interface drives home the entire PDF editing. There are definitely a host of PDF editing options provided for by this amazing platform ranging from modifying texts/graphics, add texts, watermarks, and images, split and merge pages, create and view PDF, and encryption/protection options.
- This program provides seamless PDF editing.
- This tool provides a wide range of editing options.
- The program can work with several files at the same time.
- This provides both basic and advanced editing options.
- The interface has some largely pointless message and account menus.
- Limited functionality.
Compatible with: Windows and Mac Operating system.
PDFescape would definitely not miss among the top free powerful PDF tools. Being an online PDF editor, there is surely no need to fret as there are no lengthy and tedious installation processes. You can access this amazing program via your favorite browser with any operating system connected to the internet. The common browsers supported include Safari, Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, and Opera among others. With this program, users can perform scores of functions with their PDF files such as the addition of texts and images, digitally sign your documents, rotate and zoom, annotate, and design your forms among others.
- This is a light-weight program.
- PDFescape provides several editing tools.
- This free program is compatible with several popular OS and browsers.
- The digital signature ensures the security of your PDF document.
- This program lets you add your own texts and images.
- Although the web version is free, the desktop version requires not less than $3 a month but provides a 14-day trial.
- The program cannot edit existing text and large PDF files.
Compatible with: Any Operating System.
There is actually no debate when it comes to Adobe Acrobat Pro DC prowess. This is a complete industry standard tinker tool featuring a wealth of iconic capabilities in the PDF editing industry. The program combines and addresses all the niches unfulfilled by other PDF editors. The ability to convert unlimited PDF files into a bunch of HTML pages-of course not forgetting the standard word, excel, and PowerPoint explains its magnificence. The array of capabilities enriched includes the ability to save scanned documents to PDF, merge multiple documents, password protection, cloud-based storage and access, and redaction of private information among others. This tool is a premium program which goes at $15 each month but is free to try once you fill out the bill.
- This program supports cloud-based storage and access with inbuilt PDF signing and routing
- This tool allows security thanks to password and redaction features.
- This tool is available for popular OS including windows and MacOS.
- The mobile acrobat version converts photos to PDF
- It is relatively expensive thus not tailored for small businesses or personal use
- The OCR function has no undo capability
Compatible with: Windows and Mac operating system.