Hey! YouTube Red is here now! Well, the word has been floating around in the cyberspace for quite a while and finally, it is yours to take. The details have been announced and all it is fully functional.
Wait! Why are the wannabe users, media as well as the techies going overboard with their personal opinions about how it going to affect you positively or negatively according to the individual’s point of view? Will you not be able to check out the pros and cons yourself? True, you are entitled to do that but only after you have ascertained yourself of the facts all the good, bad, and ugly ones associated with it.
The latest version of YouTube known as YouTube Red was launched in October 2015 and it claims to the ability to have addressed all the complaints that YouTube users had been plagued with to date. Here are some of the salient points associated with the service. Do check and feel free to take your own decision about using it.
- No Adverts– Well, this is indeed a welcome gesture that the users have been rejoicing about. Not only the advertisements that start rolling before the actual video gets to play have been squashed but there are no search ads, banner ads or the ones that overlay the videos. In short, it is a total uninterrupted video service that the users can revel in. Sadly, there is always an unpleasant side to it i.e. you have to cough up a good amount for this privilege. Yes! It happens to be a paid subscription! Well, the creators of the videos had so far been paid via the advertisers but now your money is going to finance them instead, at least a part of the money you spend for enjoying an advert less video is going to go to the imaginative creators.
- Connected Devices– Yahoo Red is not confined to your desktop and laptop anymore. It can be accessed via the TV too. So, Apple TV, Roku TV, and Chromecast watchers rejoice that you can watch it on big HD screen. Avid gamers making use of Xbox and Playstation consoles and Cinema Box HD for Android fans are equally being entertained with quality videos by subscribing to the service.
- Content– You have heard of the catch phrase, “content is the king” numerous times before. YouTube Red takes it a step further by giving you totally exclusive video content created by the YouTubers who love posting videos online. The quality of this content remains to be gauged properly though. Fortunately, the users will be satisfied that they are paying for something that is not available to all and sundry.
- Running Background– Aha! YouTube Red has attempted to beat Spotify fairly and squarely with one single stroke. This paid service allows you to use other apps while the video keeps playing in the background. Listening to your favorite music even as you remain focused on your work is surely going to lure away a lot of Spotify users? What say?
- Watching Offline– Now you do not have to remain connected via the net 24X7. You are welcome to create and save the videos in the form of specific playlists for watching at leisure. You can, therefore, watch the videos on the go now by means of your mobile phone or tablet even when it does not have the advantage of connecting to the Internet.
However, this does not mean that every YouTube user is going to jump on the ‘Red’ bandwagon. The evidence is on the contrary that almost 75% of YouTube watchers prefer to opt for the free version, ads or no ads. So is this model of YouTube Red a hit? Only time will tell!